procedures when building a new home:
- Land should be properly zoned. The Town of Angelica is under Shawano County Zoning. For information regarding zoning contact the Shawano County Planning, Development & Zoning Department at 715-526-6766.
- A soil test should be the very first step and should be done before the lot is even purchased.
- It is the property owner's responsibility to check with the DNR, Army Corps of Engineers or Shawano County Planning & Development Department if there is the possibility of their project being constructed in a wetland area or adjacent to a navigable stream.
- Most land divisions/creation of land parcels require a certified survey map or a subdivision plat to be submitted to the County Planning and Development Department for review and approval. (Blake Schuebel) Phone: 715-526-4633 or 1-866-526-2128
- Then the necessary permits are:
1. There is a Driveway & Culvert Ordinance in the Town of Angelica. Location of a driveway is to be established before obtaining a 911 address and fire number. For driveways and culverts on town roads, contact Wilbert Lewis, Town Supervisor, W674 Deer Drive, Pulaski WI 54162 ...Phone: 920- 822-5081 for details. Under the town’s Driveway & Culvert Ordinance a site inspection is required. NOTE: This does not apply to driveways and culverts located on County or State highways, but is for driveways and culverts located on town roads. To obtain a driveway permit on a County road contact Grant Bystol, Shawano County Highway Department 715- 526-9182 and to obtain a driveway permit on a State road, contact Mark Ratty at the Rhinelander Dept. of Transportation office 715-365-5752.
2. Have a 911 address and fire number assigned by the Real Property Lister located in the Planning and Development Department at the Shawano County Court House, 311 North Main Street, Shawano WI 54166 (Jessica Schroeder) Phone: 715-526-4619 or 1-866-526-2128
3. Obtain a Sanitary Permit from the Shawano County Zoning & Land Use Control Division (Andy Popp) Phone: 715-526-6766 or 1-866-526-2128. This requires a soil test prior to permit issuance. If the home will be in the Krakow Sanitary District, a permit is needed to hook up to the Sanitary District. Contact Dan Cota, W239 Angelica Street, Krakow Wi 54137
Phone: 920-899-3652 This requires an inspection.
4. Obtain a Town of Angelica Building Permit from Janet Powers, Town Clerk, W1569 County Road C, Pulaski Phone: 920-822-5554 You will need your 911 Physical Property Address and the numbers of your Driveway/Culvert Permit and Sanitary Permit, if applicable, before this permit will be issued. (Requires a sketch of the home including foundation dimensions) CLICK HERE to obtain Town of Angelica Building Permit form.
5. Obtain a State of Wisconsin UDC permit, Contact the Town of Angelica building inspector, Michael Miller, Miller Inspections, LLC, W6841 County Road S, Shiocton WI 54170 ~ Phone: 920-428-3331.
6. Obtain a Land Use Permit from the Shawano County Zoning & Land Use Control Division at the Shawano County Court House (Robert Jacobson) Phone: 715-526-6766 or 1-866-526-2128.
7. Please note that if you are planning on digging a pond or moving large amounts of dirt to provide fill for your house construction project you could need a town conditional-use permit and a Shawano County land-use permit or conditional-use permit. DNR permits are also required if your project will be in wetlands or adjacent to a navigable waterway